It's officially the weekend, Beverly. Not sure how you're going to spend it?
Here's a look at some of the events going on in and around town. Check our calendar for more, and if there's something we missed, be sure to add it.
MomBall Softball Tourament
- When: Friday night 5-9 p.m, Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m.-7 p.m
- Where: Harry Ball Field
- What: A double elimination softball tournament, where moms from Beverly Public Schools, St Mary's, St John's as well as a team made up of teachers from the Beverly Public Schools, play against each other to raise money for local organizations. This years proceeds will benefit: Beverly Education Foundation, Peter Frates Fund, Bootstraps and The Beverly Domestic Violence Unit.
Moraine Farm Open House
- When: Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Moraine Farm
- What: The owners and stewards of Beverly's historic Moraine Farm invite the public to a campus-wide event to showcase the nonprofit partners: Friends of the Olmsted Landscape, The Trustees of Reservations Farm, the Cape Ann Waldorf School, Project Adventure, and Essex County Greenbelt, that share this distinctive North Shore property, as a property owner or conservation steward. A daylong lineup of activities includes historic tours, short films, and children's play activities, including zip-line rides, bread making and musical events will welcome visitors. Guests are encouraged to bring their own picnics and explore the grounds.
The Importance of Being Earnest (last chance!)
- When: Friday, 7:30pm, Saturday at 2pm and 7:30pm
- Where: Sea Change Theatre Company, 10 Dane St.
- What: The Importance of Being Earnest - A Trivial Comedy for Serious People. This witty comedy of manners explores the importance of knowing who one truly is. In Oscar Wilde's most significant work, two dashing young men create imaginary identities in order to escape their responsibilities in "proper society." When their lies inevitably cross, ensnaring two elegant young ladies, a formidable matron, and an obtuse cleric, hilarity ensues. Come enjoy this entertaining farce at Sea Change Theatre Company in Beverly!
Salsa Dance Night with John Archer & Peggy Slocum
- When: Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Where: Franco-American Club
- What: Taco Buffet, Cash Bar, 50/50 Raffle, Piñata and salsa dancing, with proceeds benefitting the North of Boston Arts Center.
The United States Band of Liberty Performance
- When: Sunday, 2 p.m.
- Where: Endicott College
- What: Experience the acclaimed United States Air Force Band of Liberty Chamber Recital Series showcasing the individual talents of the Band of Liberty’s fine instrumentalists and vocalists in a classical and intimate setting. With Boston-based pianist Yilin You, audiences will hear diverse pieces to suit many musical tastes. The United States Air Force Band of Liberty is a select group of professional Airmen-musicians who support the global Air Force mission by providing outstanding musical products and services for official military, recruiting, and community relations events, and by fostering America's rich national heritage.