It's officially the weekend, Beverly. Not sure how you're going to spend it?
Here's a look at some of the events going on around town. Check our calendar for more, and if there's something we missed, be sure to add it.
- When: Friday, Aug. 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- What: Guest artists Sara Henry, Claire Hafner, and Jovier Sanchez will be performing excerpts from Norma, Il Barbiere and much more at Dane Street Church in Beverly! The cost is $15.00 and all the proceeds go to benefit Sea Change Theatre Company a non-profit organization.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 25 at 9 a.m. (registration starts at 7:30 a.m.)
- Where: Greenwood Ave & Stone Ridge Rd.
- What: 7.3 mile distance is part of the North Shore Trail Series, sponsored by New England Running Company and Soloman.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 25 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Spotlight Tavern
- What: Glass Onion is New England's all accoustic Beatles tribute band. Heavy on the harmonies and easy on the ears Glass Onion plays all the classics and the deeper cuts too. And your ears won't be ringing after the show.
- When: Sunday, Aug. 26. Happening all day.
- Where: Leaving from Cycles 128
- What: Get tickets for the morning's pancake breakfast, and tickets for riders, passengers, and supporters to attend.
- When: Sunday, Aug. 26 at 3:30 p.m.
- What: Dedication of the Alvin C. Mitchell Memorial Shell will honor the life of Al Mitchell, who passed away last year. Al's family has offered to produce a free show as a "thank you" to the people of Beverly. The show will include family members, former band members, some Theater and Rock Campers, a sing-along and some background and recordings of Al. Please bring your own chairs and picnic.