Here are five things to start your day in Beverly:
1. Sign up for the Polar Plunge: On Super Bowl Sunday, hundreds will plunge into the wintery waves in both Beverly and Salem to raise money for our neighbors in need right here on the North Shore of Boston. Beverly's River House and North Shore CDC will both benefit from the event. Learn more about participating here.
2. Check out our first post from Beverly High's journalism students! It's an overview of the new shows on the student's public access channel for Bev Cam, courtesy of Beverly High School's Studio Production class.
3. Love to sew? Check out Girls Night Out tonight at Sew Creative! You'll have four hours of uninterrupted sewing time, along with expert help on all of your sewing projects. Receive 10 percent off sewing supply purchases. The evening is open to everyone age 18 and over. Call or e-mail to reserve your space as seating is limited.
4. This weekend's Little League Clinic has been cancelled due to a schedule conflict at the gymnasium. The next clinic will be held Sunday, Jan. 20.
5. Weather: Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Weekend temps will peak into the 50's--check out more about this 'January thaw' here.