Here are five things to start your day in Beverly:
1. Solstice Soiree: Tomorrow afternoon, The Healing Center will host their annual Solstice Soiree, between 3 and 8 p.m. They will have "yummy, healthy(ish) snacks, hot beverages and good cheer to share with you!" Learn more here.
2. Deck the House: Our neighbors in Danvers have made Patch's national finals for the best decked house in the country--which means their school system has a chance at winning $100,000! Help out our neighbors by voting for them, here.
3. Like food news? We'll have our North Shore Food Buzz column available on the homepage at noon today (right in time for lunch!)
4. Don't forget: Depot Liquors is sending teddy bears to Newtown, Conn. tomorrow afternoon. Find out more about the local support effort here.
5. Weather and tides: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. High tide: 4:35 a.m, 4:58 p.m. Low tide: 10:37 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Want to get Beverly Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our free daily newsletter. Follow Beverly Patch on Facebook, Twitter, and Instragram. To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.