Invite a friend
Moraine Farm Open House
Moraine Farm Invites Public to Open House September 29th, 10am-3pm
Family-friendly activities will showcase the historic property’s nonprofit partners
September 20, 2012 BEVERLY, MA— The owners and stewards of Beverly's historic Moraine Farm invite the public to a campus-wide Open House on Saturday, September 29, 10 am-3 pm. The event will showcase the nonprofit partners: Friends of the Olmsted Landscape, The Trustees of Reservations Farm, the Cape Ann Waldorf School, Project Adventure, and Essex County Greenbelt, that share this distinctive North Shore property, as a property owner or conservation steward. A daylong lineup of activities includes historic tours, short films, and children's play activities, including zip-line rides, bread making and musical events will welcome visitors. Guests are encouraged to bring their own picnics and explore the grounds. The Open House will detail the history and future plans for Moraine Farm and highlight the work that the nonprofit partners do.
This Open House is part of the 2012 Trails and Sails lineup of activities coordinated by the Essex National Heritage Commission.
Moraine Farm is a 170-acre tract of permanently protected conservation land along the shores of Wenham Lake. The landscape at Moraine Farm was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted in the 1880s and remains little changed from the original Olmsted design.
Scheduled Activities and Walking Tours:
- 45-minute historic walking tours of the property at 10:30 am and 12:30 pm led by Friends of the Olmsted Landscape. Historic slide shows will also be offered continuously in the Red Barn.
- Greenbelt will be on hand in the Red Barn offering a short film about its land conservation activities and stewardship role and is sponsoring a self-guided visual BINGO game to help families explore the grounds of the Farm that they help protect.
- The Trustees of Reservations will provide tours of its working farm and Community Supported Agriculture program (CSA) at 11:30 am and 1:30 pm. Photo opportunities are available at the sites of the Cub Tractors and Dwarf Nubian goats. A farm stand will be open and selling fresh fall vegetables to all visitors.
- Cape Ann Waldorf School will host free play in the woodland play areas and on the sports court, offer bread making and snacks for sale, home made by the third grade class.
- Project Adventure will offer $5.00 zip-line rides, 10 am-1 pm, for adults and kids, grade 5 and up. The grounds, Terrace and Tea House will be open for visitors.
|Where||733 Cabot St, Beverly, MA 01915|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:00 am–3:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
|Phone||978-768-7241, ext. 10|