Beverly Winter Storm Center: Driving Ban Lifted at 4 p.m.
Stay up to date with the latest on the storm and share what you know with your neighbors.
BEVERLY PATCH STORM CENTRAL UPDATES, CLOSINGS & MORE:
Saturday, Feb. 9:
- 10 a.m. A list of Beverly businesses who've announced they'll be closed today.
- 10:30 a.m. Show us what the storm looks like from your back yard. Add a photo to our snow gallery.
- 10:37 a.m. Beverly/Winthrop hockey tonight is postponed.
- 11 a.m. Wondering how much snow Beverly got? Here's an interactive map.
- 11:21 a.m. “Due to the impacts of a severe winter storm, MBTA service will remain suspended on all modes Saturday, February 9, 2013,” says a post on MBTA.com.
- 1:13 p.m. Governor Deval Patrick declares driving ban lifted at 4 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 8
- 11:20 a.m. Check out this list of Beverly businesses that are open and closed today during the storm.
- 11:42 a.m. Wondering why winter snow storms have names all of a sudden? Here's the answer.
- 12:32 p.m. A reminder from Beverly PD: "If you lose power tonight please DO NOT call the police station. To report power outages please call 1-800-465-1212"
- 12:45 p.m. Gov. Patrick issues executive order banning vehicle traffic after 4 p.m. today.
- 12:55 p.m. The Luck of Draw Dart tourney at the Beverly Franco-American Club is CANCELED for tonight.
- 3:17 p.m. Beverly businesses already announcing Saturday closings.
- 9:35 p.m. 24-hour Walgreens Store is open for those in need of emergency prescriptions. [Beverly 54 Elliott Street.] Store Phone is (978) 921-0502
- 9:51 p.m. Alright, folks...we know you're taking pictures. Show us what you got so far: patch.com/A-1M0r.
- 9:55 p.m. As of 9:51 p.m., there was one minor power outage reported on Sohier Road, affecting less than five residences.
Thursday, Feb. 7
- 11:50 a.m. All state courthouses and offices will close at 3 p.m. on Friday afternoon.
- 11:53 a.m. Ethical recycling fundraiser to benefit Beverly Bootstraps will now be held on Sunday, Feb. 10 only.
- 11:57 a.m.Beverly High School Girls hockey game schedule for Saturday, Feb. 9 has been moved to Tuesday Feb, 12 at 4 p.m. in Cambridge.
- 12:11 p.m. Winter parking ban begins Friday night at 8 p.m. Check out a list of municipal parking lots available during the storm here.
- 12:17 p.m. Mardi Gras YMCA Benefit Concert with Henri Smith featuring Charles Neville originally scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8 at the Larcom Theatre, has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 6, at 7:30 p.m. (Doors open at 6 p.m.) All tickets and VIP Packages purchased for the Friday, February 8 concert will be honored on Saturday, April 6. Tickets and more information are available here. [Courtesy of Salem News Facebook]
- 12:42 p.m. St. Mary's School cancelled for Friday.
- 12:56 p.m.Endicott College cancelled class for Friday. "Stay safe & warm Gulls!" their Twitter says.
- 1:04 p.m. Parking ban changed to 6 p.m. Friday.
- 1:13 p.m. Beverly High's NEC/CAL gymnastics meet Saturday has been canceled.
- 2:04 p.m. Beverly High Wrestling sectionals for Friday had been postponed until next Saturday, Feb. 16.
- 3:10 p.m. Beverly School for the Deaf cancelled for Friday.
- 4:35 p.m. What began as a blizzard watch for the Beverly area has now been upgraded to a blizzard warning.
- 5 p.m. Governor Deval Patrick asks all drivers to be off roads by noon.
- 10 p.m. MBTA announces services will shut down at 3 p.m. Friday. The last train to leave Boston for Beverly is scheduled at 3:20 p.m.
Scroll down for important phone numbers, websites and more. Stay with Beverly Patch as we keep you updated throughout the storm.
|For instant updates on weather and storm news (and more!), follow Beverly Patch on Facebook and Twitter, or sign-up for our e-mail newsletter.|
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is icy? Just saw a store clerk put out more snow melt products? Please use this story on Beverly Patch to help out your neighbors.
Beverly Patch is all about connecting neighbors and helping neighbors so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful during the storm. Stay safe!
IMPORTANT NUMBERS & WEBSITES:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department: 978-922-1212
- Fire Department: 978-922-2424
- Public Services: 978-921-6053
- Public Services Parking Ban Hotline: 978-922-2500
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000 or the Report an Outage form.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)