What's Up in Beverly This Weekend?
Need some ideas for activities and events around Beverly this weekend? Here are our picks.
It's officially the weekend, Beverly. Not sure how you're going to spend it?
Here's a look at some of the events going on in and around town. Check our calendar for more, and if there's something we missed, be sure to add it.
- When: Friday, 6 p.m.
- Where: 39 Hale St.
- What: Listen to tales of some very strange characters as you explore one of Beverly’s oldest houses. Explore the extraordinary 1694 Hale Farm and its connection to the Salem witchcraft hysteria in a guided candlelight tour. Built for the Rev. John Hale, the first minister of Beverly, the house reflects life in Beverly over more than 200 years. Tours at 6:00pm and 7:00pm. Programs are $5/free for Beverly Historical Society members.
- Where: Sterling YMCA
- What: Greater Beverly YMCA Y for All Campaign brings you a night of Zumba Dance on Friday, September 21st from 6:00-8:00pm. Come and dance the night away while you enjoy the energy and spirit of your favoriate YMCA Zumba instructors. You'll get in a great workout and be supporting your local YMCA and community! Member donation: $8, Community donation: $10
- When: Friday, 7:30pm, Saturday at 2pm and 7:30pm
- Where: Sea Change Theatre Company, 10 Dane St.
- What: The Importance of Being Earnest - A Trivial Comedy for Serious People. This witty comedy of manners explores the importance of knowing who one truly is. In Oscar Wilde's most significant work, two dashing young men create imaginary identities in order to escape their responsibilities in "proper society." When their lies inevitably cross, ensnaring two elegant young ladies, a formidable matron, and an obtuse cleric, hilarity ensues. Come enjoy this entertaining farce at Sea Change Theatre Company in Beverly!
- When: Saturday, 9 a.m.
- Where: Henderson's Distinctive Home Furnishings, Wenham
- What: A fall festival that features food, music, crafts, flowers as well as the local shops offering their own specialties. This year the event will be enhanced by the pageanty of the Myopia Hunt Club horse parade. The parade will be comprised of the colorful mounted riders and led by the historic hounds of the Myopia Hunt. The parade starts at Patton Park, rides through downtown Hamilton and begins between 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- When: Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Where: Across North Shore (click here to view locations)
- What: Join 25 ladies as they tour 6 consignment shops all over the North Shore. A $47 tickets gets you transportation to all of the shops, a tour guide, champagne toast, wine, beverages, a sit down lunch and discounts at all the shops! Contact 978-853-6623 for more information or to purchase your ticket.