Police Called for 'Shoveling Rage', Finger Severed by Snow Blower
The following information was submitted by the Beverly Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Beverly Police Department:
Friday, Feb. 8
- At 12:09 a.m. police were called to the area of Trask Lane on report of a man wandering in the street, who had possibly overdosed.
- At 12:09 a.m. police were called to One Stop Market on report of an intoxicated man falling down in the store.
- At 1:30 a.m. police were called to Winthrop Street on report of loud neighbors. The party agreed to keep the noise down.
- Counterfeit bills were reported at a Cabot Street business at 8:52 a.m.
- A neighbor dispute was reported on Courtney Drive at 10:43 a.m.
- At 6:16 p.m. police were called to Rantoul Street on report of an drunk man outside. The man, who was highly intoxicated, was transported to the hospital.
- At 11:20 p.m. police were called to West Street on report of an 76-year-old man missing for more than 45 minutes, after having been out snow blowing. When police arrived the person was located, and was fine.
- A man was reported stumbling in the street near the Cabot, Rantoul Street intersection at 11:25 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 9
- An intoxicated dispute was reported at 12:31 a.m. at a Rantoul Street apartment. Police advised the two to quiet down for the night.
- A plow truck flipped over in a driveway on Hale Street at 12:48 a.m.
- A larceny from a vehicle on Rantoul Street was reported at 8:27 a.m.
- Police assisted while Beverly Fire Department freed a dog that was stuck underneath a house at 9:06 a.m.
- Police were called to Story Avenue at 10:47 a.m. on report of 'snow/shovel rage.' Police said there was a dispute between neighbors over shoveling a walkway. Police were unable to determine what had actually happened, but advised both parties of their rights.
- A finger was severed from a snow blower on Orchard Street at 12:04 p.m. An ambulance was sent.
- At 2:13 p.m. police were called to Hale Street on report of a dispute.
- Police were called to a fight between two females in the street on Union Street at 9:44 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 10
- A fight was reported on Cabot Street at 12:06 a.m.
- A vehicle was reported egged on Kernwood Avenue at 8:44 a.m.
- Police were called to Colon Street at 12:59 p.m. on report of a dispute over snow blowing.
- A stolen vehicle and fraudulent credit card use was reported on Cabot Street at 4:37 p.m.
- A gate was stuck down at North Beverly Depot at 7:01 p.m. Police stayed on scene until the MBTA was able to fix it.
- Police were called to Sohier Road at 10:33 p.m. on report of a man using charcoals to try and melt ice near his house, because he told police he didn't have any ice melt. He was advised by the fire department to extinguish the charcoals.
- Police were called back to Sohier Road at 11:16 p.m. on report of the smell of marijuana smoke. The person in question told police he was 'smoking some marijuana,' and stated he had no more. Police reminded him of the civil fine for marijuana and the lingering effects of smoke in the building.