One Arrest and a Diaper Dispute
The following information was submitted by the Beverly Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Beverly Police Department:
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- Police checked on a bar on Rantoul Street at 1:39 a.m. for after hours activity. Police said there was no basis for the check; employees were cleaning when they arrived.
- At 12:02 p.m. a passerby on Rantoul Street found keys to a business on Rantoul Street inside the door. The woman called police when she realized the business was empty and not open for business. A small dog was found inside the business, but a neighbor told police that the dog belows to the building's owner. The owner was notified the police had his keys.
- At 2:16 p.m. police were called to Pratt Street on report of two girls trying to enter a house.
- Police were called to Kernwood Avenue at Leech Street at 5:36 p.m. on report of kids throwing ice balls. When police arrived no one was on scene. Police were called back to the scene at 6:39 p.m. on report of the same thing, but again, they were gone on arrival.
- Police were called to Rantoul Street at 10:04 p.m. on report of a woman fighting infront of a storefront. When police arrived the woman was stll there, but the report of fighting was unfounded.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- Police were called to Balch Street at 12:21 a.m. on report of neigbors fighting. Police asked the residents to turn their music off.
- Police were called to Rantoul Street on report of several females yelling outside a bar at 1:36 a.m. Police sent them on their way.
- At 2:36 a.m. police were called to Fairview Avenue on report of a domestic assault. Police arrested David Colasanti, 23, of 19 Fairview Ave., on charges of using a vehicle without authority, assault, and intimidation of a witness.
- Items were reported stolen from a Sohier Road apartment at 3:57 a.m.
- A vehicle was reported vandalized on Dearborn Avenue at 7:58 a.m. Police were called back to the address at 9:54 a.m. on report of a parking issue between neighbors.
- Steel plates were reported stolen on Rantoul Street at 1:44 p.m.
- At 2:37 p.m. police were called to Bow Street on report of an argument. When police arrived the parties stated it was a disagreement over who changed more diapers.
- Police were called to Oberlin Road at 6:26 p.m. on report of solicitors selling Dish Network. When police arrived they had left the area.
- Police were called to a fight between two women on Cabot Street at 9:19 p.m. When police arrived they had already left.
- A loud house party was reported on Broughton Drive at 11:04 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 1
- A loud group was reported on Elliott Street at 1:24 a.m. Police said when they arrived there was no one on scene and the area was quiet.
- Two males were reported fighting outside on Broughton Drive at 3:56 a.m.