5 Weekend Activities To Check Out
Need some ideas for activities and events around Beverly this weekend? Here are our picks.
It's officially the weekend, Beverly. Not sure how you're going to spend it?
Here's a look at some of the events going on in and around town. Check our calendar for more, and if there's something we missed, be sure to add it.
- When: Friday, 7:30pm, Saturday at 2pm and 7:30pm
- Where: Sea Change Theatre Company, 10 Dane St.
- What: The Importance of Being Earnest - A Trivial Comedy for Serious People. This witty comedy of manners explores the importance of knowing who one truly is. In Oscar Wilde's most significant work, two dashing young men create imaginary identities in order to escape their responsibilities in "proper society." When their lies inevitably cross, ensnaring two elegant young ladies, a formidable matron, and an obtuse cleric, hilarity ensues. Come enjoy this entertaining farce at Sea Change Theatre Company in Beverly!
- When: Friday, 8 p.m.
- Where: 7 Lynde St., Salem
- What: The Griffen Theatre in Salem invites you to an evening of improv hilarity when “Accidentally on Purpose” takes the stage on Friday September 14th @ 8PM. Their improv style is based on the hit TV show “Who’s Line Is It Anyway”. Their last show sold out, buy your tickets early to avoid disappointment!
- When: Saturday, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: Beverly Public Library
- What: Members are asked to bring a little bit of food to share (cookies, little sandwiches, cheese, whatever), and after a program, they are also encouraged to bring a poem for gentle critique. It is best to bring copies of the poem(s) so members can write suggestions, praise, etc.
- When: Sunday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: 219 County Rd, Ipswich, MA, Appleton Farms
- What: Join us for some good ol’fashioned fun at America’s oldest working farm! The Trustees of Reservations invite you to spend an afternoon celebrating the arrival of fall and farm traditions at Appleton Farms’ annual Family Farm Day event on Sunday, September 16th from 10am—3pm (RAIN OR SHINE).The family and environmentally friendly event features local healthy foods, music by Ben Rudnick and Friends, barnyard animals, a 4—H Calf Show, and traditional farm crafts and activities including pumpkin painting, pony rides and a hay obstacle course!
- When: Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Where: Lynch Park
- What: The run starts and ends at Lynch Park in Beverly and follows a gentle course along the coast with plenty of ocean views and one drinking water stop. Bring family and friends to enjoy music, raffle drawings, awards, local vendors, and environmental activities during and after the race. All proceeds go to the Salem Sound Coastwatch Adopt-A-Beach program, which helps keep YOUR favorite local beaches clean and healthy!